Electric Fence Certificates of Compliance
What is an Electric Fence Compliance Certificate?
The Electric Fence Compliance Certificate ensures that the fence:
- Is in good working order
- Cannot be easily touched by accident
- Complies with electric fence legislation at the time the fence was installed
The Electrical Machinery Regulations (part of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993) state that an Electric Fence Compliance Certificate must be issued when a property that has an electric fence transfers ownership.
The Electric Fence Compliance Certificate is not connected to the Electrical Compliance Certificate and cannot be issued by an Electrician. The regulation that governs electrified fence installations is the SANS 10222-3. If your fence was installed before December 2012, then it is subject to the older regulations, but if the installation was done after December 2012, then the updated regulations apply.
How long is an Electric Fence Compliance Certificate valid for?
The certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.
How it works:
- A DOSS Compliance Approved Contractor qualified and registered electric fence inspector will come to your property in Cape Town to do the Inspection.
- If the installation is compliant, we will issue your certificate at no additional cost to the inspection fee.
- If the installation does not meet the regulations and standards we will report on the items and quote you on any necessary repairs.
- If you accept the quotation, we will arrange an appointment for the repairs to be done.
- A DOSS Compliance Approved Contractor electric fence repair team will quickly make the repairs.
- Once the repairs have been completed, we will issue your Electric Fence Compliance Certificate at no additional cost.
Electric Fence Compliance Certificate checklist:
If your electric fence was installed after December 2012, the following regulations will apply:
- There should be a maximum of 3m between posts.
- An earth spike needs to be installed every 30m.
- Signage needs to be installed at various points.
- The conductors (wires) need to be terminated correctly with a ferrule or solder.
- The fence needs to be in safe working order.
Other Services include the following
- Electrical COC
- Water COC
- Beetle COC
- Gas COC